Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Paul Daughtery: Doc: Zac Taylor came in strutting, without actually strutting. He was
(05-09-2022, 12:24 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Like I said. I’m going to take the various players words for it. Unless you can find some quotes of them saying the team is operating dysfunctionally

I’m not eager to listen to a senior citizen on a message board spin his own senile drivel. Sorry to bring up your advanced age again, but as you said ‘some people still care about truth.’

The debate isn’t that Marvin or his last few teams had a bad culture or good culture. They’d developed a losing culture. Taylor recognized they needed to work towards erecting it. That’s not to say Marvin hadn’t at one time had a better culture. That’s not to say some of his old players weren’t great locker room guys at one time. They replaced Marvin because he just wasn’t winning.

Taylor told them in his interview how’d he fix it. They liked it so much they took a chance on a very inexperienced candidate. My sources say Arizona and Denver were also very impressed with his plan.

Nobody can be so naive that his plan was the horse before the cart not the cart before the horse. Oct 1 is when Uzomah was so vocal about the change and camaraderie. It would have fallen flat on its face had they not won. But it was indeed a two way street. The problem with Fred is he won’t admit it took both a culture of confidence by a roster of guys who loved ball and were captains, team leaders, and players used to winning. The free agents brought in like Mike Hilton, Trey Hendrickson, and others helped. They knew what teams need in the locker room to be successful.

Fred thinks Zac had nothing to do with it all. That’s just so simple minded. It took changing the teams confidence as well as winning. It’s called building a team. The whole organization deserves credit.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread