Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Paul Daughtery: Doc: Zac Taylor came in strutting, without actually strutting. He was
(05-11-2022, 06:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dunlap did those things intentionally so that he could get out of Cincinnati.

No offense but what is your source on this?  I did some quick googling but can't find anything.

Here is what I found:

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/carlos-dunlap-reflects-on-break-up-with-bengals

Quote:"I had a million and one fans asking me why I wasn't playing and this, that and the third," Dunlap told Zach Gelb on CBS Sports Radio when asked about his final weeks in Cincinnati. "One of my friends made me aware of an article that just came out where the coaches said I was frustrated and not handling the demotion and/or new role properly, and I just wanted to give people a clear picture of what they were asking me to do. I don't think they [people] understood how low I was on the depth chart."

Dunlap infamously posted a picture of the Bengals' depth chart before their Week 7 matchup against the Browns. It didn't list the entire team, but it did prove that the two-time Pro Bowler was third on Cincinnati's defensive end depth chart.

"Obviously it had a negative impact with the team," Dunlap said. "They expressed their frustrations with it."

His frustration is clearly with the coaching staff. Dunlap praised the organization and the front office.

"Obviously it's not the way I would have liked to go about things, but there's a lot of love and respect still for Cincinnati. And the front office team, they still communicate and reach out from time to time," Dunlap said. "I always think I'll be welcome back one day in like the ring of honor or whatever it is that they might invite me for, possibly for holding the records. Obviously, I'm still a Bengals fan until I play them and I support my guys on the team."

Gelb followed up by asking Dunlap if Bengals head coach Zac Taylor and defensive coordinator Lou Anarumo are the right coaches to build a winner in Cincinnati.

"I can't answer that question," he said. "I just know that they're committed to whatever their vision is, and it's clear that i was not one of those pieces. And it seems like A.J. (Green) and Geno's (Atkins) time is coming, too. I guess it's a changing of the guard. They want new faces."

To the bold parts, seems clear Dunlop understood he was not a part of that piece or vision and admitted his behavior had a negative impact on the team .  But nowhere have I seen or read anything that stated Dunlap did anything intentionally to get out of Cincinnati.  If you have a link for that please share.

My take from the above is that he had a hissy fit over being demoted.  That probably didn't sit well with the rest of the team or the staff. So he was gladly traded.

On March 18, 2022, Dunlap was released by the Seahawks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paul Daughtery: Doc: Zac Taylor came in strutting, without actually strutting. He was - George Cantstandya - 05-11-2022, 06:51 PM