Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Current State of the OL Room
(05-11-2022, 04:44 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: I wouldn't call anyone on our offensive line a star except La'el Collins who is a former pro bowler, Jonah Williams is above average and Karras and Cappa are solid but hardly stars.  I think any 1 really bad player can make an offensive line below average.  Just look at Eric Ghiacuic, Cedric Ogbuehi, and Adeniji for example and how much they impacted our offensive lines.  1 weak link can make the entire offensive line look bad even if everyone else is doing their job.

You seem to be missing the bigger point of what I was trying to say.  Let me try to explain it a little better.  This roster has a lot of star power on in, star players all cost a lot of money.  In the NFL there is this thing called the salary cap that all teams must adhere to, in an effort to keep an even chance of success for all teams in the league.  It is impossible to have star players at every position on a team, it simply costs too much.

What the Bengals did, was seek out specific OL who's skills matched well with what they are wanting to accomplish, yet not cost so much that they can not afford to spend money on other areas of the team.  In my opinion, the Bengals did a fantastic job of retooling the OL, keeping the budget concerns in mind, as well as drafting to improve the team for future years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The Current State of the OL Room - Joelist - 05-05-2022, 04:53 PM
RE: The Current State of the OL Room - tms - 05-06-2022, 12:26 AM
RE: The Current State of the OL Room - tms - 05-07-2022, 12:25 AM
The Current State of the OL Room - BenZoo2 - 05-06-2022, 11:19 AM
RE: The Current State of the OL Room - SunsetBengal - 05-12-2022, 08:12 AM
RE: The Current State of the OL Room - 3wt - 05-12-2022, 10:28 AM
RE: The Current State of the OL Room - 3wt - 05-12-2022, 10:28 AM