Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
$40 billion for Ukraine, no baby formula for the US
(05-13-2022, 11:02 PM)Benton Wrote: Supply chain issues and a lack of market competition (the company that owns Similac, one of the largest producers in the US, has shut down plants following a fatal contamination outbreak months ago) led to the shortage. Basically, a company was scared of law suits so they stopped production.

The US is sending $40 billion to Ukraine. That's unrelated to US companies being crappy and ill prepared and enjoying a structure which doesn't support competition. The current administration didn't do anything to encourage a practical monopoly on the formula market. If anything, it's trying to help out a capitalistic fail as the FDA is expediting reviews of foreign formulas being imported and permits.

I mean, sure, I guess the government could take total control over the formula industry to make sure the manufacturing doesn't take a dip. But is that the direction anyone wants to go?

Agree. This is not on the Biden administration. This is a blatant truth in the eyes of ALL political leaders, both L/R. Total control is not what we need but better control of where we get our resources should be reviewed. Same for medications. As for Ukraine, they are fighting our war, keep giving them the money they need because their doing a hellova job at embarrassing Russia and it's not costing American lives. I guess it's all how you look at it. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: $40 billion for Ukraine, no baby formula for the US - HarleyDog - 05-13-2022, 11:43 PM