Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ticket prices are absolutely insane
(05-13-2022, 09:02 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Welcome to the board! You're potentially 0-12 at live games? That is brutal lmao. Sorry to hear. I went to the first Browns game this year, my first time in Cincinnati. Imagine my disappointment. Are England sports considerably cheaper? I haven't visited any part of the UK, but I visited Spain a few years ago and was looking into buying a ticket for Real Madrid. I remember the prices being similar to NFL tickets. 

Know BengalsLUFC has already responded, but North American sports tickets in general seem quite a lot in comparison to UK sports. Even the NFL games in London.... think I paid roughly £180 for 3 games back in 2016, and they were basically back row seats. I've been to the NHL in Vancouver and literal back row seats for that were £100 each...

Compare that to my football (soccer) team of choice, who are in the 2nd tier of English football. Despite being the 2nd tier, it's still one of the richest, most attended and highest quality leagues in the world, and I pay around £380 for 23 games. Buying a one-off ticket for a non season ticket holder on the day, would be £20.

When I saw Cincinnati at Wembley that was around £70, again for seats in the top tier... I've been to two Championship playoff finals (regularly touted as the richest game in football) in the same stadium, and I had 2nd row seats for £50 one time. Obviously it's a bit apples and oranges as an NFL game lasts around twice the length of a game of football, but I'd personally say football in the UK still does a lot to keep the game affordable for people and there are often initiatives to keep prices down.

I think Madrid tickets being more pricey is understandable, as they are the biggest club in the world and also a bit of a tourist trap. The game in Spain has very different roots to that in the UK, and so the identity of a club like Madrid isn't really in line with anything in the UK. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ticket prices are absolutely insane - TheCincinnatiKid - 05-14-2022, 07:20 AM