Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Bengals @ 49ers Week #15 get flexed out of SNF?
(12-02-2015, 04:46 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I have no idea why Fox is carrying the Bengals v Browns but here is what Wiki says about it

It's because of the 3 prime time games (Thursday, Sunday, Monday) and bye weeks.

The rule is that the road teams affiliate broadcasts the game.  Back in the day, when there was only MNF and a true 16 weeks season, there were no problems.  Now that there are 3 and teams on a bye, there are instances when one network doesn't have enough games and are therefore given one from the other network.

I first noticed it with a Bengals game two years ago and brought it up on the mothership.  Some member found an article about it, and it had only happened twice prior, with the Bengals having been involved in one of the other times as well.  Since then I've noticed it happens kind of regularly.  Take Thanksgiving Day for example.  Only NFC teams played that day, but CBS showed one of them.  And with 6 teams having already played come Sunday, I'm sure Fox was given some AFC matchups to broadcast.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Bengals @ 49ers Week #15 get flexed out of SNF? - jfkbengals - 12-02-2015, 11:04 PM