Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are my auto enthusiasts?
(05-16-2022, 05:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, we love ours. We don't have the Turbo, but it's best with the wife driving. I'd imagine the Red Line and the GXP are quite "peppy". I'm thinking about upgrading to a Boxster, but I just might put money into the Solstice. 

In High School I had a '78 T/A. I was told they came with 2 engines; A 400 CID Pontiac and a 403 CID Oldsmobile (High Output). Mine had the 403. I was told you could tell because the 403s had factory chrome valve covers and the Shaker hood said T/A 6.6 instead of 6.6 Litre. Put that may have been made up.

The Boxters are dirt cheap now...fun to drive but nightmare maintenance.  

I'm not sure about identifying the different 400s in the Trans Ams...all I know is their value went crazy high.  I always had a place in my heart for the turbo 4.9L.  They were choked with emissions, but could be "opened up" and perform quite well.

Pontiac wanted to put the turbo 4.9 in the new 1982 Trans Am, but in that lighter platform, it would have made it faster than the Vette, so it got cancelled.  Too bad.  There is just something about "TURBO V8".  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Where are my auto enthusiasts? - SHRacerX - 05-11-2022, 08:48 AM
RE: Where are my auto enthusiasts? - SHRacerX - 05-17-2022, 06:50 PM