Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are my auto enthusiasts?
(05-18-2022, 01:52 AM)Wyche Wrote: My dad had a Corvair, damn near got killed in it.

Yeah, I was going to sell my CRX to fund my VW project. The Honda needs a lot of body work done, but I've replaced just about everything mechanically speaking besides some suspension components. Those cars are glued to the road stock. I run some 15" × 9" wheels with 45 series rubber on it. It needs new shocks all around. I guess I'll just keep saving and fix it up. I'd like more power, and always wanted to autocross. Maybe eventually. I've redone the braking system front to back, including lines, new cv axles, dropped a beefier Civic wagon engine in it a few years ago, new ECM, almost all relays replaced, recent clutch, new radiator, and several sensors replaced. I'd drive it about anywhere, it's just not very pretty right now, lol.

Yeah, the Honda's rusted like crazy...not as bad as early Nissan's (Datsun).  The one car that really seemed to handle it all well was the early RX-7.  They are inefficient and cost a ton to repair (and they fry a lot of exhaust pipes) but I really loved the 13B Rotary.  I had an 84 GSL-SE that was silver and it was a great runner.

Those cars were so simple in their design, lightweight, and revved forever....

I apologize if you already said, but what is your VW project?

I just got the radio for the Sunbird.  Pretty cool, as it looks like the same basic radio that they came with but has different lighting to match interior lights and bluetooth.  Can't wait to get it in and see how the speakers are.  It's funny....my Camaro is spotless, has more than double the horsepower, and a blast to drive, but I find myself farting around in this little turbo vert....Must be nostalgia.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Where are my auto enthusiasts? - SHRacerX - 05-11-2022, 08:48 AM
RE: Where are my auto enthusiasts? - SHRacerX - 05-18-2022, 09:03 AM