Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are my auto enthusiasts?
(05-18-2022, 04:39 PM)Wyche Wrote: I kinda mentioned it....I got a turbo Jetta for my wife a few years ago. It was the four banger turbo with 5 valves per cylinder. Absolute blast to drive. Slapshift automatic, 17" wheels with 40 series rubber stock, had the winter package with leather, Monsoon stereo, really nice little car. With an upgraded turbo, downpipe, and intercooler, you could get some serious HP out of that little jewel. In those days, all you had to do was buy a VAGCOM patch chord for your laptop and get full access to the ECM to tune it for free. I've seen those tiny cars with excess of 700HP on the web. They were around 200 HP stock, I was gonna try for 300-350 HP, and beef up the suspension a bit , but the wife had other ideas when she smashed it into the barrier wall on I-75 a few years back. 

Oh geez...hate hearing car stories end like that.  I am sure she was ok, but feel bad anyways.

Yeah, the VW turbo 2.0L had nothing in common with the motor in my Sunbird other than they were both originally 1.8L and then grew to 2.0L.  Still, I have driven both and their throttle response is similar.  The Bird has more lag...and a shit-ton more torque steer due to unequal length drive shafts....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Where are my auto enthusiasts? - SHRacerX - 05-11-2022, 08:48 AM
RE: Where are my auto enthusiasts? - SHRacerX - 05-19-2022, 07:41 AM