Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Burrow's interception issue over his career
(05-17-2022, 10:52 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Where are you getting your metrics, or what metric are you using? The Steelers were first in the league in sacks and 7th in pressure percentage. Here are the metrics for each team...

• Steelers (1st in sacks, 7th pressure percentage)
  • Browns (9th in sacks, 17th in pressure percentage)
  • Raiders (T-20th in sacks, 15th in pressure percentage)
  • Chargers (T-20th in sacks, 12th in pressure percentage)
  • 49ers (T-5th in sacks, 20th in pressure percentage)
  • Ravens (T-22nd in sacks, 24th in pressure percentage)
  • Chiefs (29th in sacks, 5th in pressure percentage)
This is where I am pulling my data.

I used team pass rush win rate.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32176833/2021-nfl-pass-rushing-run-stopping-blocking-leaderboard-win-rate-rankings

To me it shows who is consistently getting pressure on passing downs.

(05-17-2022, 11:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is what I saw. Mike M (the other one) must have a bias against Jackson Carman I guess. I might have a bias for him though.

Carman for damn sure is better than Adeniji even when he is hurt IMO.

Must of been the only reason besides penalties that Adeniji started over Carman in the Playoffs.

I know it was Spain that whiffed on the block on the last play of the SB but I bet we win the game if Carman started over Adeniji
and we stuck more to the run game with Mixon. But hey, crying over spilt milk here. Still think the biggest mistake in the Playoffs
was starting Adeniji over Carman and the only way I am wrong is if Carman was SIGNIFICANTLY MORE INJURED THAN ADENIJI.

Jackson Carman wasn't near as good as I expected him to be as a rookie but he was light years better than this other dude and 
played great filling in for Spain in the game that won us the Division and at the same time got us into the Playoffs and let us rest
our starters against the Browns.

Again, no Carman hate. i Liked the pick, thought we could have done better based on who was left (Creed).

My problems here is 
a: back injury issues
b: Bengals moving him to RG when dude pretty much only played LT in his college career and expected him to be a starter there.

To me it reeks of Bengals setting him up to fail.
Nothing personal towards Carman, but moving players around like that has been a big pet peeve of mine that the Bengals seem to do often.
I can understand RT to RG/LT to LG, that's keeping them on the same side.

if you are right handed, how easy is it for you to switch everything you do to your left hand (and vice versa). Some can handle it, but most can't, it takes a re-wiring to make that switch.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow's interception issue over his career - Mike M (the other one) - 05-19-2022, 09:45 PM