Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which 2021 draftee is most poised for a 2nd year breakout?
(05-20-2022, 10:22 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Ossai would be a good candidate but like others have said how many snaps will he see ? I've read a couple articles where the writers speak highly of Smith having a real shot at starting LG.

But I'm going to say Evans. I'd bet he'll start getting more 3rd and medium to long opportunities, especially in the passing game.

Having a better OL changes so much. They had to have Perine because he was the best at pass pro and the best short yardage guy. Perine is ridiculously strong. Evans is not any of that …. yet mind you. Like I said earlier I suspect he takes more of Mixon’s snaps and Mixon more of Perine’s to keep his touches the same. But as I alluded too Mixon if not restricted to blocking on third down is outstanding in the passing game. They’ve had to be so overly protective of Joe maybe now the OL picks up blitzes better and allows more third down flares and screens that arent scripted
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which 2021 draftee is most poised for a 2nd year breakout? - Soonerpeace - 05-20-2022, 10:45 AM