Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which 2021 draftee is most poised for a 2nd year breakout?
(05-21-2022, 07:06 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I think it will be D'Ante Smith. I don't have any reasoning other than a gut feeling because of the offseason hype I've heard. I'm not putting too much hope into anyone in this draft class having a "breakout" year though

In the NFL there are plenty of examples of players emerging after their first year. This thread highlights all the likely ones. Ossai, Carman, and Evans are dominating the discussion. They’d be my picks. But who’s the dark horse? I’d say Sample and Shelvin with one emerging would be sweet. The defense ( with Bates playing) can be much improved. The draft additions lend us so much more depth and lends us some opportunities for some diversified pass defense coverages. But with Ossai returning and Sample or more so Shelvin emerging the defense could be stellar. Personally I think Vegas and some of the experts underrate our defense. The offense with the poor OL was amazing last year considering….Now? We have to be one of the top 5-7 offenses. If the defense is a top 10 defense this team reaches GB,Tampa,Bills,and KC level. Meaning recognized at their level. We aren’t now. We are considered lucky or got hot as a team last year.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which 2021 draftee is most poised for a 2nd year breakout? - Soonerpeace - 05-21-2022, 09:25 AM