Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zero coverage because they don't want you to have the info
(05-22-2022, 04:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Alternatively it was before he started pushing against their preferred narrative.  Let's please not pretend that politicians will turn on you on a dime; today's friend is tomorrow's enemy and vice versa.  Look at how "admired" Michael Cohen became to the left once he started talking shit about Trump.  Look at how Dave Chappelle became public enemy #1 because he dared to tell jokes about trans people and has a different opinion than the agreed upon narrative.

I get you dislike Musk, and you've made your reasons for it clear.  But ascribing any motive to the Dems sudden hatred for Musk on anything other than his throwing handfuls of salt in their game is disingenuous.  They'll be turning on Bill Maher next, he's straying way off the reservation of late.

Eh, there is a little of column A and a little of column B, there. However, I will 100% agree that for a lot of Democrats they didn't choose to open their eyes about Musk until he started speaking in a way they didn't like. They were fine to turn a blind eye towards his apartheid money and shitty labor practices as long as he was just talking about saving the world with technology.

Dave and Bill, since I am a fan of stand-up comedy my take is different from a lot of folks. But I am also in the place on the left where I am anti-capitalist enough but not a tanky to still be a big proponent of democratic principles such as free speech.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zero coverage because they don't want you to have the info - Belsnickel - 05-23-2022, 07:33 AM