Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals 2022 O should be among best
(05-23-2022, 10:00 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is the potential improvement I am most excited about.  As you mention, the run game.  I think Joe has the savvy and mobility to deal with a lot of pass rush, and his explanation about 3rd and long, unless it was in FG range, on the excellent Belk Boys Podcast kind of took some of the blame for the gaudy sack numbers. 

The run game could possibly help in so many ways:  more manageable 2nd and 3rd down and distances.  It will open up play action, where Burrow is lethal.  It will also help eat clock and salt away leads instead of forcing Burrow to throw against all-out rushes.  

The only thing I would like to see is more Evans and less Perine.  I think he is much more explosive.  

I don’t think Evans will replace Perine. He’s not strong in short yardage and not as good in the blitz. Perine is good there. However I’d like to see Evans take some of Mixon’s snaps and Mixon play in the third down short yardage and third and long and he take all of Perine’s. So in effect Mixon’s touches aren’t altered in total.Evans can’t handle what Perine does but Joe can. So Evans plays more series and if it becomes short yardage or third and long Mixon comes back in.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals 2022 O should be among best - Soonerpeace - 05-23-2022, 11:23 AM