Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals 2022 O should be among best
(05-23-2022, 01:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just don't measure improvement in running game based on total yards gained.  We could rush for fewer yards than last season, but if we can consistently run the ball in short yardage situations it will be a game changer.

Short yardage situations absolutely killed us last year.

With Burrow and all the receivers we have I don't care if we don't rush for a lot of yards.  But we have to be able to run the ball in short yardage situations.

Agree and disagree

Agree that Bengals were atrocious in picking up short yardage situations and it was definitely a drive killer many times. 

Agree as well that with the Bengals WR's there is no real need to rush for more yards. 

But if the Bengals can run the ball consistently then the defenses will be forced to bring players up into the box to stop it in lieu of dropping 7 or 8 into coverage. If Bengals can run the ball the WR's will get easy match ups to exploit all over the field. 

This is exactly why I always hoped Bengals would go after run blockers instead of great pass blockers, which they did. Burrow kills the blitz but struggles when teams can drop a lot into coverage, yet running the ball will cure all those problems. 

Also why I feel another good RB would be a boon for the team. 

to the OP, have said this several times and will state it again, Bengals offense is going to be a juggernaut this season and so fun to watch. Agree with you as well that records could tumble. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals 2022 O should be among best - Go Cards - 05-23-2022, 07:15 PM