Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bates Being Traded To The Eagles?
(05-23-2022, 09:59 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: - I'm not convinced his regular season effort is anywhere close to as bad as you're stating. He was a top 5 safety in the playoffs when it mattered most. 
He was nowhere near a top five safety in the regular season and, even if it matters more in the playoffs, you pay off a player's book of work, not just certain periods of play.

The regular season matters to set your team up for the playoffs.

(05-23-2022, 09:59 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: - I'd love it if Hill played as well as Bates his rookie year, but it's not realistic to count on that. Not following the connection you're trying to make about defensive line play making Hill a better regular season safety than Bates. 
It might not make him a better safety, but my point is that a stacked defensive line will make the safety's life a lot easier.

(05-23-2022, 09:59 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: - Sorry, I should have typed 'wishful thinking by the author of the article', didn't mean for it to come across as a negative toward you. IMO, unless Bates decides to go nuclear on his relationship with the Bengals and since the cap situation is good this off-season it makes for a pretty simple question if the goal is to field a Super Bowl team. Is the team better off having Bates in 2022 & a 2023 pick or is it better off not having Bates in 2022 & having a 2023 pick. 

I agree. I think they'll try and work something out with Bates.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bates Being Traded To The Eagles? - BFritz21 - 05-23-2022, 08:12 PM