Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals 2022 O should be among best
(05-24-2022, 02:07 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: It makes sense, but it isn't really the case. Thinking about the question, we are asking "if a team improves at rushing the ball, do they also improve at play-action passing?" There are a few ways to look at this, but I am going to use the quickest way since I am at work. I've lined up rushing data (yards per carry) and play-action passing data (passer rating) for QBs from the 2021 season. I have filtered it down to QBs that had more than 50 PA attempts. 

The #1 QB by passer rating on PA passes is....

Taylor Heinicke. Washington was tied for the 15th ranked team by YPC. Second is....

Aaron Rodgers. GB was also tied for 15th by YPC. Alright, so who are some really good rushing teams? Let's look at Carson Wentz and Baker Mayfield. The Browns and Colts were the #2 and #1 ranked teams by YPC, respectively. 

Wentz - 18th in passer rating
Mayfield - 17th in passer rating

Here is the data for 2021...

[Image: kOYd9Ec.png]

The best way to do this is to go week by week, aggregating rushing data and passing data to see performance trends by individual games. I've done this before and found the same result but I may do it again with the 2021 data added. 

Surprising thanks for your effort. Many things weigh in I'm sure but it's still not the way I'd of figured it would have lined up.

Boomer for example could fake the entire defense, stadium, fans watching TV, and the cameramen as to who had the ball, haha.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals 2022 O should be among best - bengalfan74 - 05-24-2022, 02:34 PM