Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lets Learn Saving Tips Together
I hate bringing it up, but the green revolution that I would love to see come to be isn't happening any time soon.. There's simply not enough copper being mined, but it's not just copper needed.. Most of the minerals required are not in friendly lands for US consumers or anyone else. Way too many supply lines and Russia would have to be the biggest of them all...About the only one is silicone for solar panels, but that requires a LOT of heat and filth to process the silicone to the proper grade necessary to mass produce enough of them.
That said..start walking, bicycling and eat a whole lot less.. 
The good news for US citizens is we'll be far less energy reliant on global energy than any other nation on earth. We have the technology and the tech companies and we have two GIANT motes protecting us from attack not to mention the worlds most advanced military and industrial capacity to knock out more. There is a price to pay for all this, but it sure beats living where supply lines are only going to get worse with time. 
Russia and China are going into serious economic decline in the coming years. 
Watch Pete Zeihan on youtube.. The guy is part prophet of doom and part extreme optimist for the US economy compared to the rest of the world and he ain't wrong.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_gw4eTr-hM
Even better.. https://youtu.be/qWyhKobyM68
I really encourage you to watch this guy because he bursts a lot of pie in the sky notions about the future..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Lets Learn Saving Tips Together - Emeritus - 05-23-2022, 08:37 PM
RE: Lets Learn Saving Tips Together - grampahol - 05-25-2022, 05:12 AM