Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Recent draft picks. You personal "hit" and "miss"
(05-24-2022, 12:46 AM)bengaloo Wrote: I thought Jefferson, Moch and Sands were all going to be something. Also thought Will Clarke would amount to more than he did.

I too was high on Clarke. In his defense, he just came into a completely-stacked sitch; '14 (when he was drafted) he needed to get acclimatized to the NFL, so that's fine, but in '15, they had:

- Dunlap
- A still good/useful MJ
- Dingleberry
- Hunt

Ahead of him on the Depth Chart and we still had Chris Carter, who came in on 3rd downs, so the rotation wasn't as... rotating, as it was a few years prior (especially with Dunlap balling out). His 3rd year with us, when Carter was gone and Hunt was used much less/at DT, Clarke had a REALLY good year as a 4th DE and that vindicated me as him just needing a bit more opportunity... but then he went to TB and now he's out of the league.

Anyways, for myself, was high on Ryan Whalen who had hands of gold and flashed consistently when he was targeted. He just wasn't targeted much, ever. Good on STs, him not being a returner also didn't help his sitch.

Was always high on Ceej and really feel good with the vindication there. Big Grin

Billings wasn't a bust at all, but we as a fanbase were indeed over-hyping him to death. He DID play well for us.

(05-24-2022, 08:30 PM)BucketE Wrote: There was a pre-draft ranking that year that had Ryan Finley as the 31st best player in the draft. May have been ESPN? Anyway that didn’t pan out but I remember being encouraged for a minute.

Not just ESPN; he got A LOT of hype in the draft and many places had him as a top 5 QB in the '19 draft (which was a good year for QBs). He's got the brain and athleticism, but his arm just didn't seem up to the task.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Recent draft picks. You personal "hit" and "miss" - Truck_1_0_1_ - 05-25-2022, 11:37 AM