Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackson Carman confident he can be the Bengals starting left guard
(05-25-2022, 12:12 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That's kinda what I don't understand either ? 

I have my doubts about Carman working out ? Many have been already stated in this thread. But I hope he does.

I'd say my biggest fear is he stinks and they just keep pushing him out there like Ogbuehi several years ago. I hope this staff isn't like that.

I don't think this staff is like that.
If they were, we would have only seen Adeniji in when Carman wasn't able to play due to injury.
I think this staff just doesn't want to immediately throw him away after a bad rookie season (which they shouldn't).
They haven't said he's the guaranteed starter either. He'll be in a competition with others.
I would assume that's to help motivate him to earn the spot vs feeling entitled to it.

All I want is for the LG spot to be solidified with a solid-or-better starter. I don't care who it is.
With that said, I hope Carman does well because I would hate to see another early draft pick not live up to draft status like we've seen with quite a few 2nd rounders in years past (Sample, Fisher, Hill, Hunt, Still).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jackson Carman confident he can be the Bengals starting left guard - ochocincos - 05-25-2022, 12:23 PM