Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackson Carman confident he can be the Bengals starting left guard
(05-25-2022, 12:12 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That's kinda what I don't understand either ? 

I have my doubts about Carman working out ? Many have been already stated in this thread. But I hope he does.

I'd say my biggest fear is he stinks and they just keep pushing him out there like Ogbuehi several years ago. I hope this staff isn't like that.

Because almost everyone has zero clue how difficult the transition is to all pro sports and to the NFL. Not just from a skill set but mentally, maturity,emotionally, etc. Also, guys got serious $$$ in their hands also for the first time so what's important so when you need to eat right as a 21 year old and you have a few hours away are you going to eat what you did as the 19-20 year old or eat healthy.. If you're workouts aren't going well and now you have a few hours off are you going back to the gym, the trainer, watch film, etc. or do you go mall-cruising.

Everything is scripted for you in college 24/7/365. In NFL, you're suppose to be a man now and they have you from late July thru Dec. and if lucky enough another month. In Carman's case he was injured, damn near missed everything with Covid, wasn't in great shape due to many reasons and, more importantly, was playing a totally new position that required great strength, balance, leverage, etc.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jackson Carman confident he can be the Bengals starting left guard - higgy100 - 05-25-2022, 02:57 PM