Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2 Bengals WRs in top 13 on PFF list
(05-25-2022, 09:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well sure, doesn’t really change what I said. A TE can still put up a lot of TD’s even with a nice WR group. For as good as both Tee and Boyd are - neither have ever even cracked double digit TD’s. Uzomah had the same amount as Boyd last year (5), and only one less than Tee. And I think Hurst could be even better in this offense than Uzomah was.

I mean, it kind of does though. Eifert got the big production because of terrible production from the #3 WR spot that year. So he did in fact NOT have 3 very good WRs on the field because the 3rd had under 400 yards receiving and 0 TDs.

If Hurst has better production than Uzomah in 2022, it will likely cost someone else production. It will mean Chase or Higgins don't improve off 2021, Boyd gets phased out of the offense, or the RBs get removed entirely from the passing game. (Or there are big injuries.) It's not like Burrow threw for paltry numbers in 2021, there's only so much of an increase Burrow can make.

The Bucs threw for the most yards and most TDs in the NFL. They had the same number of 1,000 yard receivers and the same number of guys with more than 5 receiving TDs as the Bengals. Eventually there's a point where adding more talent doesn't mean more numbers, simply because you hit a limit of opportunity.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2 Bengals WRs in top 13 on PFF list - TheLeonardLeap - 05-25-2022, 10:22 PM