Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keyshawn Johnson: "Bengals are not at the top of the class in the AFC"
Lots of us Bengals Fans want to hear more "respect". I loved it when Kay Adams came out early in support of the Bengals and had her legitimate reasons (not based on the past 30 years, but actually living in the now) for believing in the Bengals. However, that is a rare bird. It is like in the 90s when Chris Berman would pick the Bills and 49ers in the Super Bowl every year. It never happened, but one of them almost always made it.

Today's teams are shifting and spending and not sitting still hoping for some luck. Heck, I think the Lions could even contend for a playoff spot this year.

It is interesting, however, how the target for respect and perceived success is a Super Bowl WIN. Not a playoff win. Not getting to the Super Bowl. But a Super Bowl WIN. Like, Brees got ONE in all his years. Manning had ONE in all his years at Indy. Rogers has ONE in all his years at Green Bay. Mahomes also has just one. Some NFL elite have zero: Dan Marino, Dan Fouts, and of course a lot of Burrow's recent peers (Murray, Allen, Carr, Watson, and Herbert) have zero appearances in the big game.

I could care less about the national show "disrespect" for the most part. I think it might actually help the team have extra motivation.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keyshawn Johnson: "Bengals are not at the top of the class in the AFC" - SHRacerX - 05-26-2022, 08:29 AM