Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2 Bengals WRs in top 13 on PFF list
(05-25-2022, 11:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t see why we shouldn’t expect him to join that exclusive group this year. He’ll have a decent OL for the 1st time in his career, and the benefit of a true offseason - also a 1st.

But anyway, we’ll just have to wait and see. I personally think Hurst will surprise some folks. To me - he’s an upgrade over Uzomah as a pass catcher, and we saw Burrow make some really spectacular plays with CJ last season. Going right up the seam might be the best ball Burrow throws.

I agree with these points. Uzomah had 49 receptions, 493 yards, and 5 TDs while basically being the fourth option in the passing game. Those are decent numbers. If Hurst can play to the strengths that made him a first round pick, his ability to be a passing catching threat, then there are inevitably going to be plays where he's wide open when teams try to shut down Chase/Higgins/Boyd. Burrow will find him.

Hurst is on a one-year deal and I'm speculating he's getting a nice contract offer during the '23 FA window.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2 Bengals WRs in top 13 on PFF list - TecmoBengals - 05-26-2022, 09:12 AM