Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Mass Shooting at San Antonio Elementary School
(05-25-2022, 11:30 PM)hollodero Wrote: I have a question, not meant to be controversial or stirring up anything, just for comprehension. If someone were to say or post "I want to shoot up lots of people at my school" (or that it would be good if that happened or something similar), what is the appropriate reaction by law enforcement?

It depends on the city, county and state.  If reported it would be investigated and if the kid had parents that actually parent they would enable steps to keep firearms out of the hands of their kid.  But it's not illegal to say and law enforcements options are very limited.

You want to be upset, let me tell you a story that took place in the liberal hotbed of Los Angeles city.  One of my officers is alerted by a school official he has a relationship with that a kid at their school is acting and speaking in a way that was causing them great concern.  This kid was on formal probation for bringing two stolen and loaded handguns to school on two separate occasions.  Both handguns were stolen from homes that his mother cleaned, another good reason to be careful about who you let into your home btw.  The kid had the search and seizure condition so we could search him and any area of his residence that he has common access to without a warrant.  I should also note this was only a week or so after the Parkland shooting.

So we conduct the search and didn't find anything, good news all around right?  About two days later my boss gets a call from his boss in which they completely go off about how we "invaded that family's privacy" and treated them like criminals.  It was explained to them why the search was conducted and why we thought it was absolutely worth the precaution to avoid a school shooting, to which their response was "and you didn't find anything did you?"  So, essentially, the fact that we didn't find a gun meant we had made a bad decision.  Remember that story the next time a shooting happens and law enforcement had prior contact with the person.  Law enforcement becomes very political at the highest ranks and those people very often hinder the rank and file in doing their jobs properly and most of the reason for that is political.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mass Shooting at San Antonio Elementary School - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 05-26-2022, 12:18 PM