Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackson Carman confident he can be the Bengals starting left guard
Alexander jokingly commented to the media he goes "right to the top." Alexander worked with approximately 25 potential OL draft picks. Alexander went on record stating that Mike Brown said, "Tell me about Jackson Carman" after Alexander offered to share his views about the 25 players. Alexander also indicates he thought Brown would first ask about Sewell.

If this is accurate, then Brown potentially had an interest in Carman prior to talking to Alexander. It's easy to infer that Alexander's comments potentially had clout with Brown.

This is all from an SI article titled "Cincinnati Bengals Get Mike Brown's Guy..."

Link: https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/bengals-get-mike-browns-guy-an-inside-look-at-their-pursuit-of-jackson-carman

I speculate Brown had interest in Carman because of the local Fairfield connection and him coming from the winning Clemson program. I think it is also safe to assume Alexander's endorsement influenced Brown, even if only to a small extent.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jackson Carman confident he can be the Bengals starting left guard - TecmoBengals - 05-26-2022, 04:08 PM