Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keyshawn Johnson: "Bengals are not at the top of the class in the AFC"
(05-27-2022, 01:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: To bolded, that is why I used an extreme example like the Patriots to make my point that the Bengals haven't enjoyed enough sustained success required to demand respect across the pundit community.  In most people's eyes, the Bengals simply had a fluke hot run that landed them in the Superbowl.  Now, if they back it up with another strong season and advance in the playoffs?  Then they should command a bit more respect in the sporting world.

As for the rest of your post, that is a great list of examples, but you never really wound up to any conclusion from it.  Was there something else that you wanted to add?

(05-27-2022, 02:00 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Right on.

And many things have contributed to the Bengals bad reputation among the pundits over the years/decades. The dark age of the 90's and early 00's. Mike Brown's cheapness, a good bit of it was deserved. Mike Brown's swimming against the NFL tide in general on many issues.

Many ML lead teams getting embarrassed regularly in prime time. Marvin Lewis being owned by the Steelers for a decade and a half. All of Marvin's one and dones. Taking many players with checkered pasts. The what was it 06 ? Where we had so many bad headlines off the field. Just on and on.

If we were winning more a lot of that would get overlooked. But when you put out losing season after losing season it gets magnified. You just can't erase that in one foul swoop.

The ignoring our youth kind of makes me scratch my head though. We were the youngest team to ever reach the Super Bowl.

I find this fact to be hard to ignore. We have a young HC too, one of the youngest in the NFL who likes to get Captains in the 
Draft. It is a culture change regardless of what Fred says. This is a new day, nothing like the days of the 90's and the Marv years.

Zac Taylor and Joe Burrow are 3-1 in the Postseason and have won our first two road Playoff games in our entire history.

We also got younger in the Offseason, if we go back to the Super Bowl we will break our own record lol
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keyshawn Johnson: "Bengals are not at the top of the class in the AFC" - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-27-2022, 02:43 PM