Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Versatility is the hallmark of the 2022 Bengals
(05-27-2022, 04:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Really good discussion and player break down of the "versatile" and "multiple" players on defense here:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-multiple-and-versatile-on-defense

As for the offense I don't think we will be seeing as much "heavy" or "6 O-line" formation as we did last year. I think a lot of that was out of necessity because our O-line was so weak. I am sure we will still see it at times, but not as much as we did last year.

We will also see Perine and Evans get some snaps at RB, but it will mainly be Mixon. I see Perine/Evans as just "rest" for Mixon. Don't see either one of them being a key piece of the offense. Evans is a good receiver for a RB, but I don't see him being good enough to actually take snaps away from a WR. Most RB receptions are screens, swing passes, wheel routes, or check downs that just get the ball to the RB in open space. It is rare for a RB to be playing WR and trying to get open with precise route running. There is a good reason WRs spend so much time refining their route running. It is a skill. and RBs usually just don't have enough time to devote to it.

Obviously we’ve got versatile players and you touched on that in that thread in “multiple” and “versatile”. What do you think they do with Hurst? On defense what special lineups and packages you think are used?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Versatility is the hallmark of the 2022 Bengals - Soonerpeace - 05-27-2022, 04:31 PM