Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackson Carman confident he can be the Bengals starting left guard
(05-27-2022, 03:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Very simple answer.

Mike was told that the Bengals were going to take Pollack so Mike wanted to ask PA about him.

Now I have a question for you two.  How do you think Mike Brown came to the conclusion that the Bengals should take Carman?  You think he watched the film and scouted all the players himself?  And if Mike really was scouting all the O-linemen himself and he PA's opioin influenced him then why the hell would he just ask about one specific player.

It makes much more sense to assume that Mike was told who we were taking and that is why he specifically asked PA about Carman.

It actually makes the most sense to think that he was in on meetings pre-draft. I doubt he sits in his office picking his nose all day, so more than likely, he's at least in meetings seeing who is on the radar. He may sit back and let others make the decision but i don't doubt that he knew who the Bengals were targeting in all rounds.

It sounds like PA reached out to MB, offering advice and was surprised to hear him ask specifically about Carman, first. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jackson Carman confident he can be the Bengals starting left guard - rfaulk34 - 05-27-2022, 04:34 PM