Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keyshawn Johnson: "Bengals are not at the top of the class in the AFC"
I can also understand that take as well. If I was looking at the Bengals from the outside in, I'd also want to see more to prove that we're ready to hang with the best. The NFL is all ifs and buts on any given play, but we could've lost any of those playoff games in all fairness. Even Vegas could've tied it late and forced OT, and who knows if we'd have come out to win that one considering our winless playoff run at that point.

To emphasise, I don't think we were lucky in the playoffs at all. We ascended in the big games last season and played our hearts out, which is great as you want to play your best in the big games. I largely think we did. Playoff games should be close, so not a shock that you could point to 1-2 plays being different and the result being different.

Kansas rightly get a lot of plaudits as they have been very good for a few years now. Buffalo for 2-3 years have looked a very strong team who are on the cusp of being in the big game but just need to jump the final hurdle. We've had one trailblazing year, where it looks like we might finally have a great team. But it is currently just the one year, and I think it's fair to point that out. It's up to the team to perform this year and back up what we did last year.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keyshawn Johnson: "Bengals are not at the top of the class in the AFC" - TheCincinnatiKid - 05-28-2022, 08:08 AM