Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Versatility is the hallmark of the 2022 Bengals
(05-30-2022, 08:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Versatility is nice to have in a couple guys so they can fill in gaps as backups, but honestly I would prefer guys who are the absolute best they can be at 1 spot.

Isn't that kind of the whole Jack of All Trades/Master of None deal?

Good point. Still cannot have All Pros at every position. Nice to have versatile players that can do lots of different things
especially in the trenches where games are won.

(05-30-2022, 09:23 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: There’s definitely merit to your statement. But our versatility is centered around the line and versatility there isn’t unusual. Most that we drafted all have a solid position but have played other positions. I think you need to look at it as they are so talented… that’s what allows their versatility. JMO but with a few players taking so much of the salary cap more and more reserves aren’t very good. Having options will help some of that. But as far as this thread goes as the OP I like the options a lot on defense.

Yes, should be fun to watch Lou's Defense this year in particular. All the talk is about the Offense from the analysts out 
there but I could very well see the Defense making the biggest jump especially in the Secondary where we need to get 
more turnovers and start to blow teams out. Get more turnovers on D and score TD's in the RZ on Offense are 2 things 
in particular we really need to improve at.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Versatility is the hallmark of the 2022 Bengals - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-31-2022, 05:04 PM