Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would You Blow Reds Up At Trade Deadline in July ???
(06-01-2022, 11:40 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: As much as I enjoyed watching/listening to Mike And The Mad Dog . . . listening to the dumbshits that called that show with their "trade rumors" that they tried to wish into existence was just too much.

"Yeah, I heard that _____ ______ was offering the Mets two or three prospects for_____ _____(player just signed to new large contract that's hitting .119 two months into the season) and I was wonderin' if youse guys knew anything about dat?"

That would happen three or four times a day, no matter the sport or time of year. I think it's mostly a New York thing because, over the years, I've listened to other talk shows from around the country and there are very rare occasions where that type of bullshit rumor would come up. New York? That's just Standard Operating Procedure.

Funny, I appreciate you sharing.

I have no connection to New York and do not follow the teams. I just know that over the years, I've seen on Reds message boards, Twitter, other social media, etc. that Yankees or Mets fans will propose a deal where the Reds get like the 47th ranked prospect in their system for our top talent. Many Yankees fans, and I understand why, really do view most MLB teams as their personal minor league squad. It must be fun watching stars on other teams while having a realistic hope you might one day get that star.

Take India for example. He might one day be playing for New York, LA, or Boston. It wouldn't be a shocking outcome. But a young Yankee star in the making is never going to end up on the Reds after experiencing big league success.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would You Blow Reds Up At Trade Deadline in July ??? - TecmoBengals - 06-01-2022, 11:50 AM