Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Versatility is the hallmark of the 2022 Bengals
caesar2727 Wrote:These guys are not the same athletically. Hurst is very smooth and is one of those guys that is excellent at every sport. CJ running a straight line in shorts isnt really close to the guy Hurst was, and hopefully can still be.
Nate Wrote:That is really the point.
Uzo looked slow out on the field at times too, forty times sometimes don't correlate with on the field speed IMO.

Sorry if it's not tagging you guys with the quotes, I am having issues with the reply functionality after upgrading to most recent version of Chrome. So I just manually typed out the code for the quoting.

Uzomah is faster vertically than Hurst.
He's not as agile though.

Uzomah performed better than Hurst in the following drills:
Bench - 19 vs 16
40 (including the 10-yard and 20-yard splits) - 4.62 (20 split - 2.65, 10 split - 1.58) vs 4.67 (20 split - 2.71, 10 split - 1.63)
Combine that with Uzomah being nearly 6'6" and over 10 lbs heavier than Hurst, he scored a better RAS than Hurst.

If you don't believe me - https://ras.football/

As I said, he's not as agile (shuttle - 4.57 vs 4.37, 3cone - 7.22 vs 7.19), which is why Uzomah might look less athletic than Hurst on the field. It isn't often that a receiver is running vertically only. They are cutting in and out a lot. Bigger players also look slower on video than smaller players who run the same speed, as they are covering more ground in their strides.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Versatility is the hallmark of the 2022 Bengals - ochocincos - 06-02-2022, 01:11 PM