Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Versatility is the hallmark of the 2022 Bengals
(06-02-2022, 01:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Sorry if it's not tagging you guys with the quotes, I am having issues with the reply functionality after upgrading to most recent version of Chrome. So I just manually typed out the code for the quoting.

Uzomah is faster vertically than Hurst.
He's not as agile though.

Uzomah performed better than Hurst in the following drills:
Bench - 19 vs 16
40 (including the 10-yard and 20-yard splits) - 4.62 (20 split - 2.65, 10 split - 1.58) vs 4.67 (20 split - 2.71, 10 split - 1.63)
Combine that with Uzomah being nearly 6'6" and over 10 lbs heavier than Hurst, he scored a better RAS than Hurst.

If you don't believe me - https://ras.football/

As I said, he's not as agile (shuttle - 4.57 vs 4.37, 3cone - 7.22 vs 7.19), which is why Uzomah might look less athletic than Hurst on the field. It isn't often that a receiver is running vertically only. They are cutting in and out a lot. Bigger players also look slower on video than smaller players who run the same speed, as they are covering more ground in their strides.

Are those stats from their combines?  If so there has been a lot of time since then.  CJ's times were from 2015 and Hurst's from 2018.  There has been a lot of time since they both did combine drills, plus wear and tear, they are older and some injuries.  So I don't really know how we can compare them this year from their combine times years ago.  I think the only way we could compare them as far as speed and agility these days is to have them both in full pads running timed drills and I don't think that will happen. 

And maybe we should just stop comparing their work out numbers from years ago with the realization that CJ is no longer a Bengal but Hurst is.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Versatility is the hallmark of the 2022 Bengals - George Cantstandya - 06-02-2022, 08:39 PM