Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Current State of the OL Room
(06-01-2022, 09:44 PM)casear2727 Wrote: To be fair LC and Trey Smith are aberrations.   LC was easily a Top 10 pick if not for his GF being murdered. Smith was projected a 1st or early 2nd rounder from early in his college career until the medical issue surfaced.

True, who knows if Carman and Volson are aberrations too though. Carman had a bad back but he would of went earlier if not 
for the injury pretty damn sure and Volson might of went earlier if he was from a bigger school. There are reasons why even the
best fall, sometimes you have to gamble on that talent will out.

(06-01-2022, 09:47 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This post doesnt really make sense.  Carmen at 23 with a back issue will be less reliable than Tretter at 31, who didnt practice on the field the entire last half of the 21 season with a bum knee and ankle?  Tretter was great for a long time but he comes with a lot of question marks.

(06-03-2022, 05:47 PM)casear2727 Wrote: There is a reason the Browns did not retain JC.  He struggled to finish the season with long term injuries.  Carmen had a surgery and is supposedly healthy and 8 years younger.

No doubt a healthy Tretter would be an upgrade but he is not and he hasnt been.  What would be the impact of him missing every practice, even if he did play in the games?  He would be our new center and we would need him at every practice and then some.

Tretter isnt playing for the vet minimum and with his great reputation why has no team signed him yet?  Tretter is the better player, but a much bigger risk in my opinion, especially with a 2 yr contract.

Yes, from everything I have heard JC Tretter's knees are shot, both of them. 

Carman is at least young so he should recover from the back injury and from everything I am hearing the coaches and medical 
staff love what they are seeing from him this Offseason. Would rather have Karras at Center and either Carman, D'Ante or Volson
at LG over a guy like Tretter at Center never being able to practice cause of his shot knees and Karras at LG.

Just my preference. Carman or one of the other youngsters will be able to practice and gel with the other starters.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The Current State of the OL Room - Joelist - 05-05-2022, 04:53 PM
RE: The Current State of the OL Room - tms - 05-06-2022, 12:26 AM
RE: The Current State of the OL Room - tms - 05-07-2022, 12:25 AM
The Current State of the OL Room - BenZoo2 - 05-06-2022, 11:19 AM
RE: The Current State of the OL Room - 3wt - 05-12-2022, 10:28 AM
RE: The Current State of the OL Room - 3wt - 05-12-2022, 10:28 AM
RE: The Current State of the OL Room - 3wt - 06-01-2022, 03:03 PM
RE: The Current State of the OL Room - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-03-2022, 05:57 PM