Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Current State of the OL Room
(06-03-2022, 06:03 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I honestly don't think that was the case.  Even if healthy, I don't think he would have gone any higher than we took him.  

Cool, before I heard about the injury I was fine with taking him at our pick. 

I thought at the time trading back and getting him while adding picks was fantastic and still do as long as Carman gets 
over the back injury. But if he doesn't we took the wrong dude and should of took Creed Humphrey who I liked better
than Carman at the time. The injury is the reason I have questions with the Carman pick, it isn't his play at Clemson.

Bottom line, to most everyone who knew about him he wasn't a reach and went right around where most that knew 
about him projected him to go. Getting more picks for him was ideal.

(06-03-2022, 06:49 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Wrong. Bengals selected Carman where he would’ve went if his back wasn’t bad.

But his back was bad, and they reached

(This is my opinion)

That is your opinion Frank and I am fine with it. Hope you are wrong though and Carman is over the injury and becomes 
one of the best road grading LG's in the game. Him playing LT is a boost as the only problems he ever had was against 
speed rushers on the edge. Playing at LG hides his only weakness unless some crazy speed comes off stunts.

I think the mistakes were taking a guy that was injured (especially the back) and moving him to the right side where he 
was clearly uncomfortable and that is on the coaches.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The Current State of the OL Room - Joelist - 05-05-2022, 04:53 PM
RE: The Current State of the OL Room - tms - 05-06-2022, 12:26 AM
RE: The Current State of the OL Room - tms - 05-07-2022, 12:25 AM
The Current State of the OL Room - BenZoo2 - 05-06-2022, 11:19 AM
RE: The Current State of the OL Room - 3wt - 05-12-2022, 10:28 AM
RE: The Current State of the OL Room - 3wt - 05-12-2022, 10:28 AM
RE: The Current State of the OL Room - 3wt - 06-01-2022, 03:03 PM
RE: The Current State of the OL Room - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-03-2022, 08:44 PM