Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MY Old Man's Brain Is Deteriorating
(06-03-2022, 05:11 PM)grampahol Wrote: I gotta tell you that if you were my son there would be no country club anything and you would be either buying your own drinks or you would remain sober..end of story.  Tough to give sympathy for blowing your own dads money on booze in a country club.. The version of sympathy from me would be from a dictionary between shit and syphilis..  Nervous  
I love my son, but he has about as much chance of me paying his country club booze bill as he does flying to the moon in a 2x4 rocket ship held together with grade school paste glue...burnt matches for fuel..
First off, it's not like I'm a drunk or run up insane bills on his tab. He cut me off from food, too, which wasn't like it was a lot of money, either.

Second, we've been going there all our lives. I'm part of the community up there and everyone loves me.

If he were struggling money-wise, I wouldn't spend any of it. If it were to even put a dent in his wallet, I wouldn't spend it.

I appreciate your position because I know a lot of kids today are spoiled assholes, but he was the exact opposite of this until recently.  
(06-03-2022, 06:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: maybe he's not "losing it" maybe he's just going through a rough patch. If he has much money tied up in the market, it's likely he's taken a hit in the pocket (I know). Don't be so defensive, just ask him if there's anything you can do, besides stop putting food and drink on his tab.

I doubt it because my brother's his financial advisor and he would have mentioned that if that were the case. My brother just bought his house in Hilton Head and he's building a bigger house.

I tried to "talk" with him, but that didn't work, so I messaged my siblings, like I said, and they agreed that something's wrong. My mom told my sister to have me just put it on my sister's bill and then my mom would pay her but I even offered to pay it because I don't have a lot of bills right now.

My money from the wreck in the market is taking a huge hit (it's in a trust, so I can't just take money from it whenever I want), so I realize that everyone is taking a hit but he just seems so off. Even in the recession from 2007(?) to 2009(?), he was more cautious but he still was nothing like this.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MY Old Man's Brain Is Deteriorating - BFritz21 - 06-03-2022, 11:25 PM