Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Difference between 2015 team and 2021 team?
(06-05-2022, 01:02 AM)jj22 Wrote: Does a 1 year extension really make players feel any more secure? I'm not sure what else it could have been but financial. Bad business deals will eat into those millions. I find it odd he settled for a 1 year deal when he was so unhappy he wrote the owner of the team and threatened to quit. 1 more year did nothing to answer the kids in school question...  

It could have also been fluff for the story. Again, it's a pretty large assumption to make that Whit, who has earned over $87m in his career, is in "clear" financial distress. Even using the point you're making, you have to make large assumptions about business deals going south in order to come to your conclusion. If you're privy to the quality of his deals, then I would be interested to know. Otherwise, that's my point. I don't know why he took the one year deal. Maybe he wanted to try to swing it into one last contract here in Cincinnati. Maybe there was something going on within that time frame that really benefitted them to stay in Cincinnati. Who knows? 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Difference between 2015 team and 2021 team? - KillerGoose - 06-05-2022, 09:37 AM