Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MY Old Man's Brain Is Deteriorating
Maybe your dad heard about your poker winnings and saw where you said you didn't really have anything to spend them on.  Then thought, "Hey he can pay for his own meals at the country club."  

(06-01-2022, 01:12 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Other than groceries and filling up my crippled van (which, admittedly, are both becoming ridiculously expensive), I don't have many expenses because my heating and air conditioning all get charged to my brother-in-law's house, so they pay for all of that, so I have spare money to spend on whatever with my poker winnings.

Okay sort of kidding here.  But anyway if you are concerned about your father's well being I'd suggest having an open conversation with him.  Tell him you are concerned, ask what you can do to resolve the issue and how you can help.  

So my suggestion would be for you to contact your dad and say, "I'm sorry if what I did wasn't what you wanted.  I'm concerned about you.  Let's talk about how to resolve this and how I can be there for you."

I think the best way to resolve this issue is with open dialog with your father (and family members) and not here on the Bengals message board..

I'm going through a situation with a close elderly family member that has been diagnosed with dementia.  It has been difficult but the best way I have dealt with it was to ask how I can help and just listen.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah

Messages In This Thread
RE: MY Old Man's Brain Is Deteriorating - George Cantstandya - 06-05-2022, 03:22 PM