Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MY Old Man's Brain Is Deteriorating
(06-05-2022, 03:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I have apologized to him and told him that I won't spend another dime on his tab, and he has responded different ways, like saying I just need to be more careful or that he doesn't care what I spend, which is contradictory to why he was mad in the first place, and he just keeps going back and forth.

If you are truly concerned about his mental health I suggest having a conversation between you and other close family members.  Then consider how you and your family can approach your father to talk about it and how his mental health could be treated.   It isn't easy having such discussions, trust me I know.   But if this really is something you are concerned about then I suggest approaching it now.

If you really believe your, "Old Man's Brain Is Deteriorating,"  then he needs medical attention.  The sooner it is addressed the better the outcome.

Again having an elderly family suffer from dementia is something I've had to deal with unfortunately. It's difficult for the person to accept and for the family to deal with. It's heart breaking seeing someone close to you slowly lose the ability to function on a normal level and then have to step in and tell them they need help.   Then have to see how much they fight against it before they finally accept help. 

I'm sorry to hear your father is struggling.  I hope he has many good years ahead of him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah

Messages In This Thread
RE: MY Old Man's Brain Is Deteriorating - George Cantstandya - 06-05-2022, 04:32 PM