Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Mass Shooting at San Antonio Elementary School
(06-05-2022, 09:00 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: First, I found your take on Mike's questions interesting, as they come from a completely different section of the country.  Always interesting to hear other state's answers to these questions.  As for semi-auto hunting, for ungulates I'd agree with you, but for other animals such as feral hogs, semi-auto's are vastly preferred, as you stated.  I've hunted feral hogs with my lever action 45-70 and with my semi auto .458 SOCOM.  When you have a big hog cluster the semi auto capability lets you bag a lot more hogs than a lever or bolt action rifle.  For those that don't know, many states, such as TX have such a feral hog problem that they are "no tag no limit" meaning literally anyone can hunt as many as they want as often as they want, and the population continues to grow.  You are completely correct in regard to nuisance animal hunting, 5.56 is perfect for coyotes.  Sorry to anyone who likes them, but coyotes absolutely suck.  I live in urban Orange County, and we recently had a coyote attack a toddler.  When I lived in the Hollywood Hills one tried to snatch my Jack Russell while I was walking her.  They routinely attack and kill house pets.  Sincerely, eff coyotes in urban areas, kill all of them.  

I just want to be clear, my commentary about giving semi-auto hunters shit is more about giving them shit and not my actual point-of-view. Yeah, I hunt deer and bear single-shot or bolt action most of the time, but an AR style rifle can actually make hunting more accessible as it reduces the felt recoil to a level that will allow someone who may not be able to handle the full brunt of a .308 to take a shot at a deer or bear. I want more hunters and making the sport more accessible is a part of that.

Also, I just saw he lived in Ohio and happen to know those laws. They are similar to here, though we do require a background check for private sales, now, which isn't really enforceable.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mass Shooting at San Antonio Elementary School - Belsnickel - 06-05-2022, 09:08 PM