Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stability...its boring but its better than the alternative
(12-03-2015, 06:17 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I don't think they're smart enough to hire quality coaches. Bruce Arians wanted the job, but they passed on him. Cleveland has become so depressing that their last coaching search was pitiful. I think Pettine wasn't a serious contender at first, but then other people left and he became the only option.

It also doesn't help that the GM is a moron and fights with the head coach. Haslam needs to clean house, bring in a worthy name, give him the HC/GM or president title, keep his nose out of football operations, and go from there.

Isn't that what they did with Mike Holmgrem though?

I was a little nervous because I thought they were finally going to build something in Cleveland when they gave him the keys. I can't really remember how that ended though. Probably wasn't pretty considering the franchise. That probably is still their best bet. I'm not even sure how they're going to lure anyone like that back into their fold though.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stability...its boring but its better than the alternative - CageTheBengal - 12-03-2015, 07:16 PM