Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chuck Schumer radicalizes man, man tries to murder SCOTUS justice.
(06-09-2022, 12:45 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It is definitely my perception.  Trump was interesting in that many who decried his behavior began to engage in similar, if not as egregious behavior.  See Pelosi ripping up is SotU speech.  Also Trump called out journalists for doing a bad job, they responded, in so small numbers, by doing even worse.

I sure found it weird that people celebrated Pelosi for that stunt that to me rather resembled a catch-up move on said race to the bottom. Agreed, what was that.
As for journalists, I think Trump did more than just calling them out for a bad job, that reads like downplaying it a little. He called them an enemy of the people, he called accurate reporting fake news, he celebrated the guy that bodyslammed a reporter and so on and so forth. Quite some hostile and abusive behaviour against journalists arguably being a result of that.

(06-09-2022, 12:45 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't equate them directly either.  What Trump did was far worse.  That being said, I still think what Schumer did was reprehensible and worthy of severe sanction.  Now even more so.

Fair enough. I just jumped at the word precisely.

(06-09-2022, 12:45 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I would be more inclined to agree with you if Schumer didn't mention two justices specifically by name.  But he did, so I don't see these as apt comparisons.  Lastly, Hillary does deserve to be in jail, but you could probably say that for a significant number of politicians at the national level.

There isn't a perfectly apt example I could think of. Trump mentioned Kaepernick by name, but it's not the same for it was more harmless possibly. He mentioned Joe Scarborough by name when repeadedly implying he murdered someone, but he did not predict any action that will now follow. Many instances have similarities while none is the same, I'd just argue in the overall picture Trump imho did many things that can be seen as somewhat similar to Schumer's rhetorics here, eg. when it comes to journalists as well, and with increased frequency.

As for Hillary, as far as I can tell she's at least as much 'exonerated' as Trump was over Russia, eg. she was declared not guilty after an admittedly weird FBI investigation and wasn't found guilty on anything, and I don't know whether she really is to be seen as a criminal. I don't think there's any justification for Trump creating a lock her up chant.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chuck Schumer radicalizes man, man tries to murder SCOTUS justice. - hollodero - 06-09-2022, 01:05 PM