Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chris Evans...a bigger role?
(06-10-2022, 10:28 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Evans isn’t seeing the field unless injuries occur. Bottom line

And Burkhead was not better than Hill, Bernard, Boyd, Marvin Jones, Sanu, Green, Eifert, and Gresham.

just like Evans isn’t better than the big 3, Hurst, and Mixon.

Chris Evans is unknown to you, and you’re intrigued by it. The coaches know Chris Evans. The coaches knew Burkhead. If he was as talented as you think, he would have been on the field more than Perine

Well, in 2016 when Hill was still getting the lions share of carries, he averaged 3.8 ypc, which is pretty sad.  Burkhead averaged 4.6.  I am not saying he is better, but I thought he deserved more carries.  And he was a much more adept receiver than Hill.

As far as Evans goes, it isn't just unknown intrigue.  He flashed last year.  He tested like a freak.  He had a bad decision in college land him in the dog house but he stayed and faced the music instead of transferring.  I like the guy's character.  

And the entire point of the thread was posing him as a potential upgrade to Perine and taking some of the burden off Mixon.  As far as the coaches knowing Evans, I think that is why he got some looks last year, was on the field for a crucial third down (and a play he made), and was the KR in the playoffs despite never doing it before.  I just believe he has earned a bigger look and I think he will shine.  

It is kind of odd how you keep saying how he isn't as good as Mixon, Hurst, etc. then you say how he is an unknown.  Kind of talking out of both sides of your mouth a bit? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Chris Evans...a bigger role? - SHRacerX - 06-10-2022, 09:25 AM
RE: Chris Evans...a bigger role? - J24 - 06-10-2022, 01:56 PM
RE: Chris Evans...a bigger role? - SHRacerX - 06-11-2022, 10:12 AM
RE: Chris Evans...a bigger role? - pally - 06-10-2022, 06:13 PM
RE: Chris Evans...a bigger role? - jason - 06-10-2022, 06:31 PM
RE: Chris Evans...a bigger role? - Whacked - 06-11-2022, 01:41 PM
RE: Chris Evans...a bigger role? - Dr.Z - 06-10-2022, 09:50 PM
RE: Chris Evans...a bigger role? - Tony - 06-11-2022, 12:45 PM