Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chris Evans...a bigger role?
(06-10-2022, 08:38 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’ve mentioned this several times. JMO is that Evans does not replace Perine because he doesn’t fit what Samaje brings. Evans is not experienced in pass pro or a tough inside runner. Samaje regardless what people think is the best pass blocker ( includes the mental aspect) and the best in short yardage. He’s strong and doesn’t give up on the play. He also spells Mixon on third down and long because they aren’t throwing it to the running back unless he’s the last option. Perine also plays on every special team and Simmons loves him. But… I I’d like to see more of Evans too. But what they should do is give Evans a series or two each half and have Mixon play more on short yardage and all third downs. So Evans spells Mixon
every now and then and Mixon goes in for Evans on all third downs.

Evans is not experienced at pass protection, but his college coach in an interview with Dan Hoard last year said that was one of his biggest strengths.  I commented about how Hoard also noted the strength in his lower body that he has added in the offseason as well.  

I think some folks in this thread took this to mean that I want Evans to replace Perine or even Mixon.  Far from it, but I am hoping he does take some of the burden of being in the top 3 for touches in the NFL from Mixon.  There was some stat a few years back that showed the production dip the subsequent season from guys that had a high carry burden the prior year.  I think Zeke Elliott was used as the example.

Perine still has a place on this team, but my hope is Evans is a bigger part and takes more carries from Joe (even if just in garbage time) and Samaje.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Chris Evans...a bigger role? - SHRacerX - 06-10-2022, 09:25 AM
RE: Chris Evans...a bigger role? - J24 - 06-10-2022, 01:56 PM
RE: Chris Evans...a bigger role? - SHRacerX - 06-11-2022, 10:30 AM
RE: Chris Evans...a bigger role? - pally - 06-10-2022, 06:13 PM
RE: Chris Evans...a bigger role? - jason - 06-10-2022, 06:31 PM
RE: Chris Evans...a bigger role? - Whacked - 06-11-2022, 01:41 PM
RE: Chris Evans...a bigger role? - Dr.Z - 06-10-2022, 09:50 PM
RE: Chris Evans...a bigger role? - Tony - 06-11-2022, 12:45 PM