Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chris Evans...a bigger role?
(06-11-2022, 10:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Evans is not experienced at pass protection, but his college coach in an interview with Dan Hoard last year said that was one of his biggest strengths.  I commented about how Hoard also noted the strength in his lower body that he has added in the offseason as well.  

I think some folks in this thread took this to mean that I want Evans to replace Perine or even Mixon.  Far from it, but I am hoping he does take some of the burden of being in the top 3 for touches in the NFL from Mixon.  There was some stat a few years back that showed the production dip the subsequent season from guys that had a high carry burden the prior year.  I think Zeke Elliott was used as the example.

Perine still has a place on this team, but my hope is Evans is a bigger part and takes more carries from Joe (even if just in garbage time) and Samaje.  

I think there’s no question that the coaches feel they need to learn more about Evans. I think he gets some real opportunities. He’s an excellent receiver. Good to hear he’s improved his lower body. I’d expect that we are in much better control of games and especially late in games. I can see Evans definitely being used accordingly.

The exciting thing about this staff was how our backups performed. That’s not been discussed much. B J Hill was not a starter but sure played like one late. ADG was not a starter and looked good. Tre Flowers really helped. Marcus Bailey helped when Logan was out. If this team is going to really be a Super Bowl contender then they’ve got to get reserves and rookies ready to step in.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Chris Evans...a bigger role? - SHRacerX - 06-10-2022, 09:25 AM
RE: Chris Evans...a bigger role? - J24 - 06-10-2022, 01:56 PM
RE: Chris Evans...a bigger role? - Soonerpeace - 06-11-2022, 11:58 AM
RE: Chris Evans...a bigger role? - pally - 06-10-2022, 06:13 PM
RE: Chris Evans...a bigger role? - jason - 06-10-2022, 06:31 PM
RE: Chris Evans...a bigger role? - Whacked - 06-11-2022, 01:41 PM
RE: Chris Evans...a bigger role? - Dr.Z - 06-10-2022, 09:50 PM
RE: Chris Evans...a bigger role? - Tony - 06-11-2022, 12:45 PM