Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chris Evans...a bigger role?
(06-11-2022, 11:58 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think there’s no question that the coaches feel they need to learn more about Evans. I think he gets some real opportunities. He’s an excellent receiver. Good to hear he’s improved his lower body. I’d expect that we are in much better control of games and especially late in games. I can see Evans definitely being used accordingly.

The exciting thing about this staff was how our backups performed. That’s not been discussed much. B J Hill was not a starter but sure played like one late. ADG was not a starter and looked good. Tre Flowers really helped. Marcus Bailey helped when Logan was out. If this team is going to really be a Super Bowl contender then they’ve got to get reserves and rookies ready to step in.

Exactly.  It takes a full roster to win it all.  Last year proved that.  Everyone that wants to trash Eli Apple doesn't realize they probably don't go to the Super Bowl without him.  He had a rough start but was very solid down the stretch.  Losing your supposed CB1 for an entire season (again) could have spelled doom.  

There was also a time when Wilson and Pratt were down, and ADG and Bailey stepped up....even Bachie contributed.  Your example of BJ Hill was dead on.  

It gets me really excited about guys like Ossai and Sample being pieces of the puzzle.  Sample could take a huge leap...so could Kareem, and Ossai just looked so amazing in that very limited sample size.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Chris Evans...a bigger role? - SHRacerX - 06-10-2022, 09:25 AM
RE: Chris Evans...a bigger role? - J24 - 06-10-2022, 01:56 PM
RE: Chris Evans...a bigger role? - SHRacerX - 06-11-2022, 01:10 PM
RE: Chris Evans...a bigger role? - pally - 06-10-2022, 06:13 PM
RE: Chris Evans...a bigger role? - jason - 06-10-2022, 06:31 PM
RE: Chris Evans...a bigger role? - Whacked - 06-11-2022, 01:41 PM
RE: Chris Evans...a bigger role? - Dr.Z - 06-10-2022, 09:50 PM
RE: Chris Evans...a bigger role? - Tony - 06-11-2022, 12:45 PM