Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
If You Purchased A Hands Free Car Do You Trust It? Then why Zac
(06-11-2022, 01:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Same thing happens with players all the time.  If a fan does not like him when he is first drafted then it takes a lot of good play to change a mind.

When we first hired Zac I was not impressed because he did not have much of a resume and brought in a questionable staff who also lacked prior success.   But even after two of the worst seasons ever to begin a coaching career I argued that he deserved another year because of all the injuries we had in 2020.  I gave him a fair chance.

However I still am not 100% sold on him as a head coach.  Despite making it to the Super Bowl the Bengals were far from a dominant team last year.  The people in this thread who said "I don't care if he struggles" are just as bad as the people who wanted him fired after his first two seasons.  Taylor has everything he needs to win it all this year, and I honestly don't expect him to "struggle".  But if he does I don't give a shit how much the players/fans coo about "culture".  Zac has to win games.

He wooed me with his words before the hire, kind of like he did with the Bengals FO. That first year i was screaming from the rooftops to run him out of town on a rail. I was obviously too impatient. The second year, with Burrow, i wasn't as vocal but i still wasn't convinced he could get the job done. During year three, it was apparent he had a plan in place and was building something. 

He's seems to be a good builder and planner. The question still remains how he does once the ball is kicked off, during the next 60 minutes. The hope is that he continues to learn on the job and becomes a better game manager/play caller. Situational football is all the rage and he's behind the better coaches in the game in this regard. The talent makes up for some of his shortcomings but i think he helped lose a couple games last year due to his playcalling and/or inability to put the best players in the best situations in key times. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If You Purchased A Hands Free Car Do You Trust It? Then why Zac - rfaulk34 - 06-11-2022, 03:47 PM