Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any players in the USFL worth looking at?
(06-11-2022, 10:57 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Collaros was a starter for two of those championships, the third he was a backup. He's been hot and cold in his CFL stint. His best seasons are 2021 (championship) and 2015. He really dipped in 2017 and 2018, and then came back on after a trade in 2019-2021. In 2019, he really only played the playoffs and was part of a dual QB system with another player named Chris Streveler, who was recently on the Cardinals. 

He strikes me as a CFL Kurt Warner or Rich Gannon. Play good football early on, then drop off, get to a new team and light it up again. 

I just know guys like Nathan Peterman are making a little over $1m/yr and still in the NFL. I guess it's possible Peterman is amazing at film study and helping the starter prep for the week (we know he's absolutely awful at actually playing). Perhaps for Collaros making $500k, starting, and winning Championships in Canada is more appealing than making $1m and holding a clipboard for a bad team? Dunno.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any players in the USFL worth looking at? - TheLeonardLeap - 06-11-2022, 11:39 PM