Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What’s important and should be the staff’s focus for 2022?
(06-11-2022, 02:05 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Eliminating sacks certainly helps precipitate more manageable 3rd downs.      Good point about backup center.    It’s early, but Trey Hill hasn’t shown promise or instilled confidence.

"We need to improve in the play-action game for getting guys open down the field, whether it's not as hard a throw, whether you don't have to drop back," Callahan says. "Hopefully the play-action helps the line a little. I'm excited about what the new offensive line looks like in the run game. I think we've got a chance to be pretty good up front."

"Look at the statistics on it and I think we were fifth in total short yardage attempts," Callahan says. "We had like 50 tries on third-and-one and fourth-and-one. But we were 25th in conversion. Whatever we were doing on first and second down, we were efficient. We were in short yardage a lot more than most, but we're just not finishing off drives.

All that was from Hobson article on Bengals.com 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What’s important and should be the staff’s focus for 2022? - BengalsBong - 06-12-2022, 06:21 PM